I spent a lot of time untying knots yesterday.
I guess it’s difficult to tell from the picture, but this isn’t wool. It’s not meant for knitting. It was an experiment, that, well, it’s fairly obvious it went wrong. I attempted to make a scarf out of sewing thread. It was going to be a pretty lacy thing, with a slow fade into darker blue. And it was fine, but it was annoying to make, see comments on my Ravelry project page. So I decided to scrap it. As I was frogging I realized that the three threads I was using were all tangled around each other, so as I frogged it was just getting more and more tangled, and the knots were getting bigger. So, actually frogging the piece took no time at all, but untangling the knots took hours.
I don’t understand how I have the patience to spend hours unraveling tiny knots, and don’t have the patience to sit still through a lecture. Seriously.
In the end, it all worked out, and I took some pictures of the process, so I’d best share them.
Before, as the frogging was just beginning:
After, ta-da! All done!
Lesson learned from this: Next time I use sewing thread, I will be using it for its intended purpose!
I’m on a bit of a frogging spree at the moment, because I finally got around to sorting out all of my old projects that I hadn’t worked on it years and didn’t want any more… Next on the list, this monstrosity!
Wish me luck!